ECA PROGRAMS COMBINE ACADEMIC EXPERIENCES AND STRUCTURED PLAY FOR OUR YOUNG LEARNERS
The Early Childhood Academy offers a full-time program for Infants through Kindergarten in an inclusive, play-based, nurturing environment. We strongly believe it is important to focus on the whole child, integrating a variety of activities into our daily schedule and connecting Jewish values with relationship-based inclusion practice and anti-bias education to teach the social-emotional and critical thinking skills that are the foundation of lifelong learning. We create sacred time and space to celebrate Jewish rituals and traditions, including Shabbat, Havdalah, and Jewish holidays.
Intentional play-based learning allows children to make sense of the world through active involvement with their environment. Our teachers facilitate this kind of learning by:
- Providing opportunities for children to explore and interact freely with different materials and ideas, both independently and collaboratively and encouraging children to develop their communication and social-emotional skills that are the building blocks for life.
- Encouraging children to practice taking risks and supporting them in building their resilience.
- Working to develop compassion and empathy in all children so they feel included, accepted, and valued.
- Honoring and respecting differences in the classroom by using a culturally responsive approach to teaching using materials, activities and language.
Our caring team of teachers foster a student’s love of learning by
- Making the learning visible through documentation.
- Engaging in professional development to reflect on their work with children.
- Inviting parents to be a part of the learning process.