CODE OF CONDUCT MARJCC
The Michael-Ann Russell Jewish Community Center (JCC) is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members, guests, and staff. To ensure everyone’s safety and security, the JCC requires individuals using the facilities or participating in our programs to conduct themselves in a considerate and responsible manner and respect the rights and dignity of other members, guests, and staff.
The MARJCC reserves the right to enroll members and families who embrace the mission, vision, policies, and procedures adopted by the MARJCC, including our commitment to diversity, respect for individual differences, and Jewish values. Failure to adhere to MARJCC principles may result in immediate suspension or dismissal from the MARJCC without a refund. We urge you to review the following information closely with your child(ren).
All members, guests, and staff using the facilities or participating in our programs are expected to abide by the following policies:
Treat fellow participants, staff, supervisors, guests, public/private property, and the environment with the utmost respect. Every participant is expected to exercise goodwill towards others, our activities, and our facilities. Courtesy and respect are requirements of the MARJCC community. Disorderly conduct will not be tolerated; a member or guest who displays inappropriate behavior may be removed from the premises.
Behavior by children, adults, and guests that is strictly prohibited includes:
- Using offensive or generally inappropriate language, including harsh verbal comments or improper gestures, is strictly prohibited.
- Keeping hands and bodies to one’s self is imperative. If physical contact is made with another person, it must be both welcomed and appropriate. Teasing, horseplay, pushing, kicking, hitting, and fighting are strictly prohibited.
- Bullying, cyberbullying, and harassment are strictly prohibited.
- Verbal or physical threats, taunting or abuse toward another individual, and threatening to do bodily harm to an employee, visitor, or fellow parent/guardian are strictly prohibited.
- Taking part in physical acts of a sexual nature, engaging in sexual harassment, or offending others with words or indecent exposure is strictly prohibited.
- Damaging, destroying, or vandalizing MARJCC property is strictly prohibited.
- Aiding in the unauthorized entrance of any person, sharing membership cards to gain access to the facility, or unauthorized access to programs, services or classes is strictly prohibited.
- Using fireworks, firearms, toy guns, or weapons of any kind at the MARJCC is strictly prohibited.
- Bringing or using any illegal drugs, tobacco, alcohol or intoxicants of any kind on the MARJCC campus is strictly prohibited.
- Smoking, vaping, the use of e-cigarettes, or chewing tobacco inside the building or outside on the grounds of the MARJCC is strictly prohibited. The MARJCC and its property are smoke-free environments.
- Selling, distributing, dispensing, possessing, using, trading, offering for sale, or attempting to buy illegal or prescribed drugs, or otherwise engaging in the illegal use of drugs is strictly prohibited.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages on the MARJCC property (unless approved for special events) is strictly prohibited.
- The use of cell phones while in the locker rooms is strictly prohibited at all times.
- The unauthorized recording of other members, staff, children and program participants is strictly prohibited.
- Any behavior that endangers the life, safety, health, or well-being of others is strictly prohibited.
- Loitering, causing annoyance or alarm to other members or staff on the MARJCC property is strictly prohibited.
- Solicitation, gambling, proselytizing, or panhandling of any kind on the MARJCC property is strictly prohibited.
- There is a zero-tolerance policy for theft at the MARJCC.
- Children under the age of ten years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian while at the MARJCC, or must be registered in and under the supervision of a JCC program while at the JCC. All members, ages 13 and older, must carry a MARJCC photo membership card.
- Parents and/or guardians are responsible for their children’s behavior while using the MARJCC facilities and/or participating in MARJCC programs.
The MARJCC strictly prohibits any abusive, threatening, profane, or harassing communication made in person, via e-mail or text/voicemail/phone or other written or verbal communication.
When utilizing social media platforms such as “WhatsApp,” “Instagram,” “Snapchat,” and other venues that are public vehicles of speech and photos alike, rules exist that we must all (children and parents) recognize, understand, and follow. There will be consequences when these rules are not adhered to and respected. Please note the following rules:
- One may not promulgate negative, unkind comments about participants, parents, or MARJCC staff on social media.
- One may not post photos of another parent(s)’ child(ren) on social media without.
- One may not “condemn” the MARJCC or its policies or staff decisions on social media. Any concerns that you may have regarding these matters must be made through the appropriate channels so they can be addressed fairly, appropriately, and effectively for everyone involved.
Parking is available to members and guests free of charge. The Michael-Ann Russell Jewish Community Center is not responsible for theft of items left in vehicles or damage to any vehicle parked in its lot. Overnight parking is strictly prohibited; vehicles parked overnight may be towed at the owner’s expense.
Upon entering the MARJCC, each person must swipe their membership card at the front desk or sign in as a guest, following our visitor management protocol.
- Non-members must provide a photo ID to the MARJCC front desk representative. Visitors will receive a visitor sticker to wear while at the facility.
- Everyone must adhere to the posted schedules for the usage of all the MARJCC facilities, including the fitness center, public areas, pools, tennis courts, etc.
The MARJCC is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members, guests, and staff. The MARJCC reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who fails to comply with safety protocols, policies, and procedures in place to protect the health and well-being of all.
The MARJCC maintains the right to update or change any health protocols at any time to ensure the safety and well-being of all members, guests, and staff. Please be sure to follow all posted rules, as these rules are current. You can also find our most updated rules posted on our website at www.marjcc.org. These rules are strictly enforced, and noncompliance could result in termination of membership.
MEMBERSHIP SUSPENSION OR REVOCATION
Membership may be suspended or revoked based on the severity of the violation. This will be determined on a case-by-case basis by the Chief Executive Officer or his designee when behavior is contrary to the interests, purposes, good and welfare of the agency or is determined to violate the rules and regulations of the MARJCC.
A suspended or terminated member remains liable for all dues and other indebtedness incurred before suspension or termination of the membership. Refunds will not be issued for suspended or terminated memberships.
The MARJCC reserves the right to deal with violations of the MARJCC Code of Conduct at our discretion at any given time, including, but not limited to, refusal of service, removal from MARJCC property, suspension and/or revocation of membership privileges, and facility access.
The MARJCC reserves the right to update the MARJCC Code of Conduct without advanced notice to MARJCC members, guests, and staff. Updates to the MARJCC Code of Conduct will be displayed at each entrance to the facility and published online at marjcc.org/codeofconduct.
Usage of any MARJCC facilities, participation in MARJCC programs, and access to MARJCC property constitutes agreement to abide by the MARJCC Code of Conduct.