The MARJCC, a membership-based organization, provides programs and services to both its membership and the community-at-large. Programs open only to MARJCC members are noted in the Program Guide and other promotional materials.
During these unprecedented times, the following MARJCC Guidelines relative to COVID-19 supersede the standard MARJCC guidelines detailed below:
- Temperature Checks: Members and guests are required to have temperatures taken using a noninvasive thermal scanning thermometer before entering the JCC. Per CDC guidelines, individuals with a body temperature higher than 100.4° will not be permitted to enter the facility.
- Parent Drop-off/Pick-up: Parents are asked not to remain in the building when dropping off children ages seven and older.
- Health Declaration: Members and guests are required to sign a one-time mandatory Health Declaration waiver conﬁrming they are neither experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 nor have come in contact with someone who is experiencing symptoms.
- Zoom Class Policy: Please refer to your program section.
- Face masks: Members, guests, and staff are required to wear a face mask at all times.
Every member, ages 12 and older, is required to carry a MARJCC photo membership card. To facilitate entry into the building, please present your membership card or
government-issued ID to the Welcome Desk or Tennis Desk staff member. Though we make every effort to recognize our members, we ask everyone to carry his/her membership card at all times. If your membership card is lost or stolen, please notify Membership Services to prevent unauthorized use of the card. A $10 fee will be charged for the replacement membership card. Membership cards are non-transferable, and MARJCC membership may be revoked upon violation of MARJCC policies.
Once guests are permitted to use MARJCC facilities, the Welcome Desk will collect guest access fees to the Feldenkreis-Feig-Hanono Athletic Field, Fitness Center, Scheck Family Gymnasium, and Edith & Saul Schmidt Aquatic Center. When playing tennis, these fees will be collected at the Soffer Family Tennis Center.
All guests must check-in with a government-issued picture ID and pay each time they visit. All guests will sign a waiver to be kept on ﬁle. There is no maximum number of guest visits as long as the guest presents a valid ID every visit, signs a waiver, and pays the guest fee. Guests must abide by all MARJCC rules and policies.
- Junior Fee: $10 Age 13 and under
- Adult Fee: $20 Ages 14–69
- Senior Fee: $10 Age 70+
Out-of-town guests who belong to another JCC outside of Miami-Dade or Broward Counties receive complimentary guest privileges for up to two weeks per year upon presenting their valid JCC membership card to the Membership Services staff. MARJCC members are eligible to receive two complimentary guest passes per year.
As a licensed childcare facility concerned about hygiene with sensitivity for those who suffer from allergies or a fear of animals, pets are not permitted at the MARJCC, with the exception of service animals.
All members are encouraged to provide their Sun Pass number to the Membership Ofﬁce to expedite entry into the MARJCC using the “member lane.” An active and current MARJCC membership is required.
The MARJCC reserves the right to tow—at the driver’s expense—any vehicle parked in an unauthorized/undesignated area. Parking privileges are extended only to MARJCC constituents attending activities at the MARJCC.
No vehicle may be left unattended and with the engine running anywhere on the MARJCC premises. The MARJCC is not responsible for any damage or theft to your vehicle. Only authorized vehicles may remain on campus overnight.
CAMPUS SPEED LIMIT
Please observe the campus speed limit of 5 mph.
The safety and security of our members and guests remain our highest priorities at the MARJCC. Trunks and vehicles may be searched by staff for security purposes. MARJCC also reserves the right to search backpacks, lunch boxes, and other types of sealed or closed containers without prior notice. No weapons are permitted on campus unless authorized by the MARJCC.
A photo ID is required to enter the MARJCC—access to the MARJCC may be denied if an appropriate ID is not available. Our goal is to ensure a high level of security that prompts quick action in the event of any sign of danger. The MARJCC reserves the right to deny access to any person at any time.
Permanent lockers in the men’s and women’s locker rooms are available for an annual fee of $65, please see Membership Services for more information.
The MARJCC is not liable for the theft, loss or damage to any personal belongings or property. Do not store any valuables in parked vehicles or lockers. You may bring a lock to secure your belongings in a “daily locker.” The lock must be removed by the end of each day, or MARJCC staff will remove it.
The MARJCC reserves the right to remove a participant/family member from any program or activity or general use of the facility at any time. No refunds will be given for any unused portion of the program, class, or activity.
Unsportsmanlike conduct by participants, coaches, or spectators will not be tolerated and may be cause for “ejection” from the campus, suspension from the MARJCC, or termination of membership.
Cell phones may not be used in any MARJCC bathroom or locker room facilities, or when operating a vehicle on campus—texting while driving is strictly prohibited.
SUSPENSION/REVOCATION OF MEMBERSHIP
The MARJCC reserves the right to remove a participant/family member from any program or activity or general use of the facility at any time. No refunds will be given for any unused part or portion of the program, class, or activity.
CLASS AND PROGRAM REGISTRATION
- To be eligible to register, member accounts must be current. Payment must accompany all registrations for classes and programs.
- To receive priority registration and member rates on programs, membership must be in good standing for the duration of the program. If membership expires during the course of the program, members must either pay for the renewal at registration or authorize a post-dated payment for the renewal.
- Non-members may register for classes and programs where indicated.
- Registration will be accepted online or in-person with completed registration form using Master Card, Visa, AMEX or Discover, with registrar approval. The MARJCC does not accept registration over the telephone.
- A $35 fee will be assessed for returned checks and a $20 fee for declined credit cards.
- A signed registration form accompanied by payment is required to reserve a space in a class or program. Enrollment in a program or activity will not be processed if a payment is declined.
- Ongoing programs require an updated payment plan for the program year.
- The MARJCC reserves the right to cancel any class or program due to insufﬁcient registration. The payment will be refunded.
- If the total cost for an enrichment program registration is between $500 – $999, two payment installments may be scheduled. If the total cost exceeds $1,000, four payment installments may be scheduled. A $10 processing fee will be assessed beginning with the second installment.
- If there is a change in your credit card information; please provide this information, IN WRITING, to the Membership Services ofﬁce.
You may access online registration from our website, www.marjcc.org. Members must set up an account and update all information to register online.
Before registering, please make sure your MARJCC membership is current through the session of the selected program. Our member software will recognize your membership category and reflect the fee(s) for the program(s) accordingly. You may also review your transaction history, purchase tickets for many MARJCC shows, and make donations. Please note that online registration will not allow for sibling discounts or create installment plans. Please contact the Membership Services ofﬁce for assistance with these transactions and any other registration functions that cannot be completed online.
To receive a full program refund, you must submit a written request no later than the ﬁrst week of class. After this period, refund requests will be issued as a credit on your MARJCC account after prorating the attended classes and deducting a processing fee. Refunds or credits are not applicable to all programs.
There is a processing fee of $35 per transaction for programs and $75 per transaction for Summer Camp. NO REFUNDS or CREDITS will be issued for programs requiring tryouts and “Annual Programs,” after the ﬁrst session is complete. Credits, if issued, expire one year from the date of issue. No refunds will be granted for weather-related cancellations. Makeup dates, whenever possible, will be scheduled.
PAYMENT FOR PRIVATE LESSONS/PERSONAL TRAINING
Per MARJCC policy and insurance purposes, payment arrangements for all personal training and private lessons at the MARJCC must be processed through the Membership Services ofﬁce. MARJCC membership is required. Only approved personnel and independent contractors employed by the MARJCC are eligible to provide personal training and private instruction.
The MARJCC offers fee assistance to qualiﬁed individuals and families. Extended payment plans are also available. Visit the Membership Services ofﬁce, or call 305.932.4200 x425, to request an application. All requests are handled conﬁdentially.
The MARJCC is a non-smoking facility. Please refrain from smoking or vaping on the MARJCC campus or inside any of the facilities at all times.
Out of respect for MARJCC property, comfort, and the safety of others, the use of skateboards, rollerblades, and hoverboards are strictly prohibited inside the buildings. Similarly, proper attire—including shirts and shoes— should be worn at all times.
“OUTSIDE PROFESSIONALS” USE OF THE MARJCC
Trainers, teachers, coaches, tutors, or therapists who are not employees of the JCC may use the MARJCC for professional purposes—even while in the company of and with the permission of a MARJCC member—without written authorization from the MARJCC Chief Executive Ofﬁcer. “Outside Professionals” receiving authorization must comply with all insurance requirements and provide all required documentation.
The MARJCC will not provide any personal information, expenses, registration records, or the participation of its member of record to any other individual, regardless of
relationship/marital status, unless required by a court order.
Hours of operation may vary in observance of Jewish and national Federal holidays. Please refer to the Important Dates section of the Program Guide for additional information.
All food provided and used within the MARJCC must be Kosher.
GIFT CERTIFICATES, GIFT CARDS, AND TRIBUTE CARDS
MARJCC gift certiﬁcates are available in any increment and may be used toward membership, ﬁtness, and tennis. Contact the Membership Services ofﬁce for additional information at 305.932.4200 x425. Gift cards may be purchased for Kosher Subway and Elsie’s Cafe directly from these restaurants. If you wish to acknowledge a birthday or other simcha, extend condolences, or send holiday greetings, you may purchase a Tribute Card for $18. An acknowledgment of your tax-deductible contribution will be sent to the individual or family.
HURRICANE PREPARATION PROCEDURES
Please call 305.932.4200 for hurricane closing updates. If encountering the threat/impact of a tropical weather system, the MARJCC generally follows the recommendations of Miami-Dade County Public Schools. When school is not in session, directives issued by Miami-Dade County will be adhered to in most instances. If the decision to close is made, the MARJCC will provide all relevant information to local television and radio stations for inclusion in public service announcements.