The Michael-Ann Russell Jewish Community Center is dedicated to the enrichment of Jewish life & community; fostering the spiritual, emotional, and physical development of its members through all of life’s stages and circumstances; and strengthening the connection with the People and the Culture of Israel, along with other Jewish communities throughout the world.
The MARJCC represents a model of acceptance, understanding, and diversity. People see the MARJCC as a Center of excellence that epitomizes how shared Jewish values support a vibrant and evolving constituency. The MARJCC is open to the entire community, regardless of race, religion, or national origin.
The Michael-Ann Russell Jewish Community Center is committed to enhancing and sustaining a strong, vibrant Jewish community in North Miami-Dade. The MARJCC will provide a setting where Jews cultivate and strengthen their Jewish identity, respect Jewish differences, participate in Jewish communal life, and confirm their commitment to the State of Israel and global Jewry.
Core Values Statement
The Michael-Ann Russell Jewish Community Center was created by the Miami Jewish Community to serve the needs of the Jews in North Miami-Dade County. Its mission:
· Assumes there is an intrinsic value in Jews participating in cultural, recreational, educational, and social activities with other Jews
· Seeks to build and maintain partnerships with other North Miami-Dade institutions
· Affirms and exemplifies the centrality of Jewish learning to Jewish life
· Demonstrates a commitment to inclusiveness by reaching out through its services and programs to all Jewish population groups
· Is proactively responsive to the continually evolving needs of the North Miami-Dade Jewish community
· Seeks to build and maintain relationships between North Miami-Dade Jewish and general communities and promotes responsible civic involvement
· Demonstrates a commitment to providing programs and services that meet a broad range of needs and interests for each stage of life
· Provides members with a sense of belonging and offers the highest quality of experiences and excellent services
· Promotes volunteerism by creating opportunities for volunteer involvement
· Promotes Jewish Peoplehood in action with Israel as the core of JCC’s programming and outreach
The MARJCC serves members and guests from Jewish communities from Latin America, the Former Soviet Union, France, Poland, the USA, Israel, and Jews around the world. We are a diverse global JCC.