Department Contact Information – Early Childhood Director – Jenny Tettner-Gugig – x155
Sandra & Lawrence Bronson Early Childhood Development CenterOur Mission:The Sandra & Lawrence Bronson Early Childhood Development Center is a learning community devoted to providing a stimulating environment that promotes development and meaningful relationships under the umbrella of Jewish values, our connection to Israel, and our rich cultural heritage (through pre-Shabbat and holiday classroom/school-wide programs). We work together with families to facilitate children’s development as critical thinkers, problem-solvers, citizens, and active members of our community. Respect, cooperation, empathy, tolerance, and creativity are values that sustain our daily work with children and families. Members of our ECD teaching staff have (minimally) obtained their CDA degree. We have also integrated Sheva, established by the Jewish Community Association for early childhood education, which embraces seven core elements of child development:
•Children as Constructivist Learners
•Directors as Visionaries
•Educators as Professionals
•Families as Engaged Partners
•Environments as Inspiration for Inquiry
•Discover CATCH as Sh’mirat HaGuf (taking care of our bodies)
•Israel as the Story of the Jewish People
Jenny Tettner-Gugig, Early Childhood Director
• Jenny has a Master’s in Teaching and Learning from Nova Southeastern University
•Jenny has been involved in the field of education since 1998, including serving as a PreK and VPK state certified teacher in South Florida, from 2004-2011
Shirley Jacobs, ECD Administrative Assistant
• Shirley has been with the Early Childhood Development Department for over 20 years. Her vast and expert administrative duties also includes helping parents, children, and students in any way she can.
Patricia Rutenberg, Early Childhood Department Administrative Assistant
• Patricia earned her degree as a Professor of Physical Education from ISA 2000 in Buenos Aires, Argentina.She has been in the education industry since 1983, and joined the MAR-JCC Early Childhood Education Center in 2010.Patricia is always happy to help everybody, and does it with a smile!
The VPK program is for 4-year-olds. Daily, children experience three (3) hours of VPK-approved academic instruction, as well as enrichment and other classes. Enrichment classes include music, art, physical education, yoga, swimming, Israeli dance (all conducted by program specialists), as well as Shabbat and holiday celebrations.
This year, FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment has been engaged to conduct the financial need analysis for theMichael-Ann Russell JCC-Early Childhood Center. Families applying for financial aid will need to complete an online application and submit the necessary supporting documentation to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessmentno later than March 9, 2018.
Please apply online by clicking the FACTS link at: https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/4LK6R
Once an online application has been completed, the following information will need to be uploaded in pdf format online to complete the application process:
1. Copies of your 2016 Federal tax forms, including all supporting tax schedules.
2. Copies of your 2017 W-2 forms for both you and your spouse.
3. Copies of a detailed Business Income Statement and Business Balance Sheet.
4. Copies of the most recent bank statements.
5. Copies of supporting documentation for Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and TANF.
Documentation can also be faxed to 866-315-9264 or mailed to the address below. Please be sure to include the applicant ID on all faxed or mailed correspondence.
FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment
P.O. Box 82524
As part of this process, FACTS requires a non-refundable payment of $30 to open an online account.
Please note that scholarship funds are limited and allocated on a first come, first served basis. Once a final review process is completed, the MAR-JCC will advise you of the award recommendation.
If you have questions or concerns about the application process, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at 866-441-4637.