The health and safety of our members, staff, and community remain our top priorities.
In recent weeks, positive cases for COVID-19 have been on the rise. Now more than ever, our decisions regarding safety protocols may significantly impact you and others around us. Our policy will be adjusted accordingly as the positivity rates change.
WHO IS ALLOWED TO ENTER THE MARJCC BUILDING?
- Only children and teens registered for an activity or a JCC supervised program are allowed inside the building.
- Hillel students walking from school to the MARJCC for classes are permitted to wait for their class to begin while adhering to our COVID-19 protocols.
- ONLY a parent/guardian of a child in first grade or lower is permitted to escort their child into the building and to their activity or classroom.
- The parent/guardian of a child registered for a class in any grade higher than first grade is not permitted to wait at the J for the child before, during, or after the activity.
FACE MASKS MUST BE WORN UPON ENTERING THE FACILITY
- Face masks are mandatory for all members, guests, employees, volunteers, and visitors while inside the MARJCC facilities and on buses, even if you are vaccinated.
- Children under the age of two are not required to wear a mask indoors.
- While the JCC does not require face masks for outdoor activities, all members and participants must keep a safe physical distance whenever possible.
- Face masks are not required outdoors.
If you have not been vaccinated against COVID19, we strongly encourage you to do so. With your cooperation, we can continue to provide all our programs and services in a healthy environment.
Our quarantine process focuses on those individuals directly impacted by a potential exposure because we strictly enforce the mandatory wearing of face masks and social distancing. Requiring indoor face masking and maintaining a safe distance eliminates the need to quarantine entire classes or departments.
Quarantine from the MARJCC is necessary under the following circumstances:
- If you or a member of your household tests positive for COVID-19, please notify one of our program directors (see list below) or the Membership Services Office immediately. He/she cannot attend any MARJCC activity during the quarantine period.
- If you or your child were in direct contact with someone in one of our programs who has tested positive for COVID-19, you will be notified by the MARJCC.
- If your child is in quarantine from school or any organization, please notify one of our program directors (see list below) or the Membership Services Office immediately. Based on the individual case, we will advise if and when your child can participate in any JCC activity
FEELING ILL WHILE AT THE MARJCC
Should your child become ill while at the JCC, you will receive a call requesting pick-up within thirty minutes. Every family should have a contingency plan in place if the parent is unavailable to pick up the sick child. A sick child will stay with a staff member in an isolated area until pick-up.
If you or a member of your household travel outside of the United States, no member of the household is permitted to return to the JCC until they have followed these guidelines:
- Get tested with a viral test (PCR) 3-5 days after traveling
- If you test negative, you may return to the JCC.
- If you test positive, complete the 10-day quarantine from the date of exposure to protect others from getting infected.
- If you opt not to get tested, stay home and self-quarantine for ten days after travel.
Should it be necessary to cancel or suspend a program already in progress for more than one week, MARJCC will issue a credit for the unused portion to your account.
Programs that require tryouts and/or “Teams” are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Program fees due to absences, inclement weather, or disciplinary action are NON-REFUNDABLE.
MARJCC membership is NON-REFUNDABLE.